Friday 24 June 2011

I've taken time off!

I've not been in the shop this week! I've been feeling quite stressed recently about all the things I've needed to do at home and am not getting time to do, so I arranged with a couple of friends to give me some time off. I have had a great week, sorting out rubbish, weeding the garden and cleaning the house, and I feel loads better! :o) There is still loads left to do but that feeling of being overwelmed by it all has gone.



So.... I feel re-charged and ready to work tomorrow! We have crochet workshop tomorrow morning and hopefully will be sorting out some dates for the next few. I will also get back to putting patterns and other products on the site.




Current projects




Home: I've not done much knitting this week as I've been concentrating on getting things done, but I have given myself some time for me and of course my evenings as usual!





Bamboo jumper: I've just finished the armhole shaping on the back and just need to knit so

many inches before I can leave that on a thread and start the front. I'm getting this done much faster than I did last time!



Long jacket: Still haven't sewn this up!





Shop:



Multnomah: I did another couple of pattern repeats last weekend but obviously no progress during the week! I'm not far off finishing it now - maybe by next week!





Sock: I've finished the 1st sock with the flying saucers, but haven't started the 2nd yet.





Spinning: I've done bits and bobs of spinning at home this week - it's just been good to sit and do some for ten minutes or so when I've had a gap. I'm looking forward to plying this!






Spindle: I brought my spindle home from the shop this week and have been doing some in breaks while cooking. It's also great to take to school with me to do while I wait for my kids! I've been working on this for quite a while as I don't spend long periods spinning on a spindle - I've plyed two cops worth so far. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this yarn yet though!



No comments: