Wednesday 20 July 2011

Busy couple of weeks!

Over the last couple of weeks we have expanded the shop into the next room! The settees for knitting groups and workshops are now next door which means we have more spaces. The shop is now the whole length of the room, more spread out and feels soooo much better!



I've started to get some of the new yarns in for the Autumn. Wendy have brought out a brushed aran blend with alpaca in called Osprey which is lovely and soft and knits into a gorgeous fabric. This yarn and the patterns will be on the site as soon as possible.

I have just received a delivery of Peaches & Creme and this will be the last of the old brand. However, when I went onto their website, they have had a new style website and it looks as though they have rebranded the P&C, merging the P&C with the Sugar n Cream. I am waiting for confirmation that I can continue to order with the same terms and I will confirm as soon as possible.




Current Projects


Home:

Long Jacket - ummmmmmm not yet done (mumbled)


Bamboo jumper - I've finished the back and made a start on the front. I've not made much progress on it over the last week or so as other things have jumped in the way!


Shop:

Multnomah - This is finished and blocked and has been worn! I'm really pleased with the final item :o)





Husband's scarf - My hubby kept pinching my hand dyed, hand spun, hand knitted scarf last year, so I told him to pick some fibre out of my stash so I could do one for him. I finished spinning the fibre at the beginning of the year, navajo plied it and finished it, but didn't get round to knitting it until a couple of weekends ago - 8mm needles and chunky wool meant that it took me a couple of days! He is very happy with it, so hopefully I will get mine back!


Sock:

I've just started the 2nd flying saucer sock, so that will be my mindless sock for knitting groups :o)


Anita's sock - a friend asked me to knit her another pair of socks a little while ago in Jawoll Magic Dégradé. I decided to put a pattern on it for her and spent quite a while trying to work out how to get the stitch pattern from a book to work in the round! I've got it sussed now and I'll put the pattern on here as a free pattern once I've got it all sorted and written up.


Spinning:

I realised at the last minute that the Tour de Fleece was starting, and although I've not joined a team, I decided to set myself a target of spinning every day with an additional target of finishing the fibre that I got in a secret santa swap and started when I'd finished the fibre for my husband's scarf. I've been spinning it quite fine, so it has taken ages! I plied it at the beginning of last week, but realised when I wound it into a skein that I had not added enough plying twist, so put it back through the wheel last Thursday. It has now been skeined and finished and is roughly 4ply. I've roughly measured it and I have approx 900 yrds - enough for a shawl! I just need to find a suitable pattern now :o)

1 comment:

Miffy said...

All the shop stuff sounds very exciting. I'll have to find time to come visit :)