Friday 10 June 2011

Well it sort of worked......

I've not quite managed to post overy Friday so far, but at least it's not been months! Last week was half term and routine went out of the window. We had a good, busy week, the kids were happy and very little work got done! The previous Friday I had a visit from a rep distributing Filatura di Crosa yarns. There are some fantastic yarns in that range - I want to build on my range of Centolavaggi lace weight and there is a gorgeous 4-ply range of pure wool which would replace the Patons Dreamtime.


Over the last few days I've been getting more products on the site - I've got some Jawoll Magic Dégradé Sock Yarn in for the first time which comes in a range of gorgeous colourways and I've also put the Jawoll Magic Stripes range on the site. I've had this in the shop for a little while but hadn't got it up.

We've also been looking at ways to improve the speed at which the site pages load - most of the problem I think it the size of the photos, so we will be gradually changing these.

The other area I am working on is patterns - I have a large stock of patterns but very few on the site - I am aiming to get a few up a week.



Current projects

I'll give an update each week on what I am working on. I tend to have projects that I keep at home and others at the shop as I was finding I was carrying some backwards and forwards without getting time to work on them!

Home: I've finished the knitting of a long jacket in Patons Jet - this is a gorgeous pattern with a big shawl collar. I need to sew the sleeves up and attach them and it's done - just in time for the warm weather! :oS Well at least I'll have it ready for the winter! I'm aiming to finish the sewing on Monday - I never feel like sewing in the evenings - that my mindless time!

Bamboo jumper - I started this before I started the Jet jacket but I stole the Knitpro tips to do the Jet one. Now I've finished that I want to get this jumper done - it's a pattern from Knit Today - one of the first magazines I bought when I really started knitting again. I'm using Sirdar bamboo and Wendy Pure in 2 row stripes - mainly because I didn't have enough of either yarn - but it's working out well.

Shop: I've had a ball of Jawoll Magic 64 Garnet in my stash for a little while and wanted to do a triangular scarf/shawl with it. I've started the Multnomah shawl and it looks fantastic - I've just started the feather and fan pattern for the bottom edge.

Sock: I usually have a sock on the go as my portable project - it's perfect for taking to school when I'm waiting for my kids! I'm making a sample pair of socks for a supplier in Flying Saucers yarn - it's an interesting one to start! I'll do a special blog post with the process when I've got a little further.

Spinning: I've a wheel both at home and the shop. At home I am working on a blend that I received in a Secret Santa swap at Christmas - it is merino, alpaca, baby camel, silk and angelica and is a mix of orange, pink, purple, white and natural brown and is spinning up really lovely. I've got my wheel set up so I can sit if I have a few minutes and do a bit - provided the kids haven't put too many toys in the way!

At the shop I have some pure merino that I bought from somebody on ravelry in a mix of blue, teal, murky green and brown - it gives the impression of the sea and I'm spinning it into long colour repeats. I'll get some photos done of both of these too :o)





No comments: