Friday 17 June 2011

Busy week!

I've had quite a productive week this week, getting some patterns on the site and sorting out photos. I had a delivery from King Cole the other day and checked stock of the Bamboo Cotton and added a few colours to the site that hadn't yet been uploaded. There are now patterns on the site for the King Cole Riot, although most King Cole DK yarns can be used for these patterns. King Cole patterns are double-sided, giving different options for garments - the pictures from the back of the patterns are at the botton of the page for each pattern, and a larger photo can be seen by clicking on the thumbnail. I am gradually working through the patterns, but it takes ages!

I am now stocking King Cole Comfort DK as a good value baby yarn as a replacement for Wendy Bambino which has been discontinued. I loved the Bambino, but the Comfort is a good alternative. I'll get the Comfort on the site as soon as I can.

I've also had a delivery of Manos yarns since last week - I have a few colours of the Silk blend and one of the Lace not on the site yet, so again, I'll get those up as soon as possible.

Current Projects
I haven't had a huge amount of time to knit at home recently so little progress this week!

Home: Long Jacket - I still haven't sewn up the sleeves, but I should have time to do in on Monday - last Monday ended up very busy and I didn't do much of anything!
Bamboo jumper - I've done a few more rows on this, but it'll take a while. I still need to get a photograph done!

Shop: Multnomah - I've been working so much on my computer, I've not done a lot of knitting - I've done a couple more pattern repeats of the feather and fan though - it's gorgeous!

Sock: This has had most of my knitting time recently. I got past the heel and then decided that to get the best chance of the 'flying saucers' pattern on the foot, I should do the length suggested on the instructions :oS , so I ripped it back and did some more knitting on the leg before doing the heel. I'm now not far from the toe decreasing, although I needed a break from it and haven't picked it up for a few days.

Spinning: This is what has been taking most of my time at home! My wheel has been calling and I've spent the last couple of evenings watching a DVD while spinning. I intended to take a photo this morning but didn't get time. I'll add one later :o)

No comments: