Friday 15 February 2008

Welcome to Create and Knit

I've been thinking recently about setting up a shop to sell knitting yarns and needles etc, partly because I have a yarn addiction and can't resist buying it when I see it! The plan was to wait a year and write a good business plan and then set up a shop when my youngest started playgroup.

I started contacting yarn manufacturers to get an idea of the minimum orders and costs of buying wool to sell and discovered that with some of the company's at least I can sell yarn on-line without having a physical shop. This led to the plan to set up a site now and try to get a customer base in my local area (and further afield) so that if and when I do open a shop, I am more likely to get custom.

Therefore, I chose a name that felt right (and was available!) and got my holding page set up.

This blog is to keep a record of my progress to date.

No comments: